VIDEO: Celebrating Halloween

Is it really Un-Afrikan? Is it really about the Devil?

Views: 1161
Likes: 46 Dislikes: 3

Watch OlaOmi on YouTube

MUST READ:   VIDEO: Popcaan - Heart String (Official Audio)
Got2BeOshun
  • 303Steele
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

Thank you for the wisdom Mother.

• kaisha arnold
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

thank you, coming into my consciousness, I too abstained from Halloween, of course seeing the commercialism behind of it and the frivolous acts that taking place, thank you for the explanation, there is still a lot of Christian/colonial based values dominant in a lot of african/black conscious livities such as rastafari, not embracing or acknowledging what that what we see as pagan is the european version of our indigenous ways…much thanks and respect to you…a lot of relearning for us

• akalatunde
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

Mahogany u know I agree…we offer our candy to Esu and we dont pass out candy…we pray to our ancestors and make offerings to them …we do not purchase expensive costumes…I work to keep it clear

• nukeystik
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

My problem however is somehow we ride on the very WASP world views are what is infused into Haloweeen. Alls Hallowed Eve. The images, concepts and rituals performed are not what we would practice in our own African worldview. At the end of the day it was stolen from the ancestors but again corrupted and taken out of context. This conundrum is a strange dichotomy as the celebrations of the dead and the symbolic risen dead of All Souls (Gede, Oya) it's completely obliterated by the European's wor

• nukeystik

Ase Sister.

• GracebyNature
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

Thank you so much for shedding light on this subject, I now overstand

• You Are Leaders
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

Ignorance is the reason, my sista. But thank God that there are teachers such as yourself illuminating the people. Blessings to you for it. Thank you

• lord blackwood
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

the black women is goddess.

• azurretown

Excellen!

• CreaTiveNaTive73
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

Oooh wow!!!! So Eloquently put .;-)

• MotherCultureOne
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

peace sis, thank you for sharing the wisdom and beauty within this…so much unlearning is needed as we walk.

• Beautiful Jackson
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

You speak of the veil being thin. What has been your experience with communicating with ancestors on this day? I would love to partake in the wisdom that went on before me, to assist me in making some decisions on issues that I have in my life, whereby I feel if I go to the left or right it will cause much distress in my life. How does one go about such communication on this day?

• bunkermh
    30 November 2015 at 2:51 pm

I've never seen someone explain Halloween with such an insightful and practical approach. In 9 minutes my view of Halloween has been changed forever. Thank you!