VIDEO: Saartjie Baartman’s Story (Part 1/2)

sharesBe First to Share -> Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Pin to Pinterest Share on StumbleUpon+What's This?Saartjie Baartman’s Story (Part 1/2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Baartman Share on Twitter...
Be First to Share ->

Saartjie Baartman’s Story (Part 1/2)

MUST READ:   VIDEO: Qweff weather Report!!!!January 12th ah di munt 2018
Cause CélèbreVideo

• symone thornton
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

this makes my heart hurt ??????

• e5entTV
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

What a powerful film. I looked this up following the whole Beyonce hoax. But, contrary to what I heard I'd get from Sarah's story, I cannot agree that she's a "hero." More like a victim…of chasing fame & money. Her willingness to go down that road ultimately led her to the pits of prostitution & despair. May women AND men learn from her story the fact that chasing such "dreams" can very well end you up surrounded by ppl who only want to exploit you. Her story seems no different from the multitudes of stories reverberating in the "entertainment" industry today. This film could (and should) serve as a WAKE UP call to folks enraptured with money & celebrity.
    Be careful.
    BE WISE.
    Be blessed. ?
    ~ DJ DMD
    *p.s. – I see why Bey wouldn't do this movie…#sad

• Ramona Possible
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I am throwing up watching this movie it is really sad.

• Essence Hall
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I can't with white people I just can't ?

• Caroline Glenn
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I think that this should be taught in history class. Watching this is so depressing. A lot of times I feel that racial things even slavery are skipped over in classes because it makes people feel uncomfortable but to learn about how disgusting these practices were I think would help everyone to be informed and work together to break down every racial barrier. I had never even heard about her until today and I am 17 years old. To me this is one of the most impactful and disturbing things. It's weird how I didn't know about her. Her story deserves to be told.

• msconcerned100
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I'm not sure Beyonce can play this part.

• Monica Dillard
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

Exploitation at it's worst…

• Thomas Griffin
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

To exploit a beautiful human women this way is barbaric! My life partner has a similar physical phenotype and she is the most beautiful woman I have ever known. The day of reckoning will come when the African Master Race (the original ancestors of all humanity) will dominate the world and drive all white races to extinction.

• Anonymous One
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

Trying to picture Beyonce portraying this character in the upcoming movie.

• Black3y3dAng3L
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I felt to sad for, Saartjie. Yet, the court scene frustrated me. She could've saved herself, she had no reason to lie for that Man or fear him, she had several Men and Women in that court backing her and calling out that sh*t show for exactly what it was. She complained so much about what she was doing, kept herself drunk just to get through it, and yet told the court she wanted to continue. Smh sad.

• CentsMy10
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

Did that funky White devil fix his thin slit lips to say Saartjie was a savage? He and his ancestors are the greatest savages, rapists, thieves that walked the damn earth!!! I could barely watch this movie without any disgusts but I know it's a horrible story that needs telling to remind these real "savages" of their past.

• roseofnamibia
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

whites are inherently evil no doubt about it!

• Da_Lone_Goddess
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

She lied for him because she knew no-one else she was trapped

• Da_Lone_Goddess
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

There is a reason to why so many black women are doing this now especially in European countries ie: USA, England etc…. It's because we barely had access to our history especially back then. We weren't even allowed to read, but every blk person should see this

• PHARAOH DOJAH
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

pay close attention what these krakas say and do they are calling her a savage but only a savage would do the thing they are doing to this woman they are the true savages

• eli76ful
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

I hate what my country did to people like Saartjie. I am angry that we were not educated about this massive part of our British history from school – The colonialism, the slavery etc. The uncomfortable, inconvenient truths. Imagine you have a young daughter and imagine she ends up as Saartjie did. That's how I saw her when I watched this, as someones dear, lost daughter. I imagined how I might feel if she were my daughter. No-one should be mistreated in this way.

• Sarah Roney

White men are disgusting

• 1top ONE
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

savages & vampires all of them !

• LadyAmaltheaUnicorn
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

A lot of people in the comments are becoming mouth breathing racists because of this, what they fail to understand is that you cannot apply 18th century ethics to 21st century ethics.
    I'm sure that in a hundred years or so, a lot of what we do now that's normal to us will look barbaric to future generations, such as how we treat animals and neglect the homeless

• Su Wi
    6 January 2016 at 1:23 pm

in all of the racists comments spewed at black one thing is not considered, we are STRONG AS HELLLLL.

african slaves were brought to a FOREIGN land ON SHIPS, maimed and beated, raped & tortured all the while NOT KNOWING WHAT THE HELL THEESE WHITE MEN WERE SAYING. imagine that for a second.

IMAGINE getting kidnapped, torn away from your family, watching ppl you love get viciously killed. babies were thrown off these evil ships. UTTER CHAOS. HELL ON EARTH.

Put yourself in the shoes of a african slave.

& racism is STILL alive today…. shame