Port of Spain – October 5th 2015 – Samsung Electronics introduces its new line of SUHD televisions, setting a new standard in UHD premium content and taking the viewing experience to new levels.
The SUHD TV celebrates a significant milestone in the UHD era. It surpasses the screen display boundaries of its predecessors and delivers superior picture quality that stands out for its startling contrast, stunning brightness and spectacular color.
Additionally, Samsung’s SUHD TVs have a number of new and exciting features including: its SUHD re-mastering engine that delivers an unrivaled picture quality; its stylish curved design that provides a more immersive viewing experience; and its Smart TV functions, which are now powered by Tizen, giving viewers easier access to their favorite content.
“The pride and spirit of delivering innovation, which drives our culture at Samsung, was the genesis of our SUHD TV, which can only be described as best-in-class,” said Gracia Whyte, Assistant Trade Marketing Manager of Samsung Electronics for Trinidad and Tobago. “I am absolutely confident that consumers will take one look at this television and understand that we went above and beyond to make their home entertainment experience one-of-a-kind and superior to the rest.”
Samsung SUHD TVs are now available at Standard Distributors Limited and Fens of Marabella; and will become available at additional partner retailers in the coming weeks
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
Utilizing Samsung’s eco-friendly and energy efficient nano-crystal technology, paired with an intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine, Samsung’s SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in contrast, brightness, color reproduction, and detail to deliver an overall exceptional picture quality experience.
SUHD TV’s nano-crystal semiconductor transmits different colors of light depending on their size to produce the highest color purity and light efficiency currently available in the market.
This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colors, providing viewers with 64 times more color expression than conventional TVs. Meanwhile, the SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyzes the brightness of images to minimize additional power consumption all the while offering ultimate contrast levels, producing images with much darker blacks and an elevated brightness up to 2.5 times that of conventional TVs with twice the color adjustment points for the most accurate color display.
Sophisticated and Improved Curved Designs
When Samsung first introduced the curved form-factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience for consumers since the curvature allows for a greater image immersion. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung’s TVs were designed and enhanced to incorporate many modern and minimalist touches of excellence.
New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
Beginning this year, all of Samsung’s Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, have been powered by Tizen, an open-source platform that supports the web standard for TV app development and provides greater flexibility for developers to create applications and content that is compatible with more devices, while at the same time connecting users to an unlimited world of entertainment possibilities. Thanks to Tizen, Samsung’s new Smart TV platform not only has a large number of new features, but it also allows consumers intuitive access, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more choices for content than ever before.
- The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and interactive, allowing users easier access to the content they want.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once they have been linked together using BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Userscan share video content from their Samsung smartphones to their Samsung Smart TVs simply by pressing a button. They can also watch TV on their mobile devices without any additional applications or complex reconfigurations.
- Samsung also presents its proprietary application Milk Video, which allows users to explore, gather and share the best online videos without interruptions. Milk Video provides consumers access to premium content from a growing list of nearly 50 content providers.
- Samsung’s platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home. Samsung’s new Smart TV with Tizen sets the standard for future Smart TVs, redefining the entertainment experience.
Samsung will offer four new series of SUHD TVs – JS9500, JS9000, JS8500 and JS7200 – in nine screen sizes from 48” to 88”, so consumers are able to purchase not only the best possible picture, but a TV that best fits their needs.
The Best Sound for a Great Experience
Curved sound bars perfectly complement the curved Samsung TVs, offering a remarkable sound quality solution for audio, which is backed by their sleek design and based on simple lines for an improved 9.1 channel sound. In addition, a center speaker and additional side speakers at each end have been included for furthering the immersion sound experience.
Thanks to its patented speaker unit, Multi-Air Gap, the new Samsung sound bars offer deeper bass than conventional models. This is coupled with Multiroom function, allowing users to stream music using a wireless connection directly from the TV, using TV SoundConnect via Bluetooth.